A Sunny Perspective

Today, I took a major step in healing.  I owned my thoughts and perception.  When I started to realize that I was not in a good place (a happy place, slipping into depression) I started to step away from the people I usually hung around.  One friend in particular is seriously like a burst of sunshine, she always sees the positive and she is beautiful both inside and out.  I shut her out. I made excuses for not attending events, outings etc all because I didn't want to bring her, or anyone else, down with my issues.  Today, I came clean with her on why I have been so distant and shared with her some of my healing process.  I felt such a relief doing that. She didn't judge me, she built me up, told me how proud she was of me and how glad she was that I was "on my way back". She also shared with me that she loved me and is ALWAYS here for me and for me to always remember that.  See, in my mind I had my own idea of how she would have perceived me, judged me, felt about me if she knew the truth about how I felt and what I went through. In reality her sunny perspective is what I needed.  Perhaps if I had not put off having the heart to heart with her, I would have received a useful piece of healing sooner.  The gift of friendship, non-judgmental, supportive, Sunny friendship.  No matter what happens, no matter how bad it seems, or feels, the IS positive in your life. Work to always see the good in your life and in yourself. Remember try to have a Sunny perspective.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time; 
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weather Report

Today I Pray

Work It