How to Press in the Pressing

Last night was a tough night. Some memory triggers and life situations started to allow that ugly spirit of depression to come and knock on my door. I quickly made myself aware of what was happening and prayed to God that he would not allow the spirit to take over so I could sleep. He did just that. When I woke up, a variety of circumstance told everything in me to stay in bed, nothing will get better, life sucks now and always will. I literally got up, changed pajamas and got BACK in the bed. Who does that? I stayed in bed for a while until... Until I/ME/SHE/HER heard a small voice within say "NO!!! We WILL NOT allow this funky, no good for nothing spirit to control us". I got up(again), got dressed and went to the gym. Oh that first 10 minites was tough. I wasn't sure if I could complete the goal I set. I tried to stay focused and before I knew it, my workout was over and I rewarded myself with 10 minutes in the steamroom. I said all of that to say. Sometimes we have to learn to shut down our own negative thoughts. YES life can be tough, YES circumstances can come our way that really suck BUT if we keep going, and remember our positive thoughts, we CAN and WILL get through it EVERYTIME! 



Comments

  1. You are awesome, Sis. I pray for your strength as well as my own.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weather Report

Today I Pray

Work It