Soar Like An Eagle

So I was driving home from work today and noticed some birds flying.  I saw some birds that were in a group and then I saw a different type of bird  but there were only 2.  I watched these 2 sets of birds for a while.  I noticed that the smaller bird(there were about 6-8 of them) they would fly and flap their wings, lose altitude and flap their wings and fly more.  This was an ongoing process. All this time the other birds were just soaring, allowing the wind to do the work for them, never flapping or losing altitude.  I began to look at these 2 birds without a care in the world. Not worrying about where they would live, what they would eat, what they're going to wear to work tomorrow.  They were soaring high, chillin, relaxed.  At that moment I said "Maaaan the life of the bird.  It should be that easy. No stressing no worrying, just going where the wind takes you".  At that moment God told me " It can be that simple if you give it all to me and trust my process".  Of course I went into "Birds don't have to worry about low pay and kids in college and sports, etc".  Waiting for God to give me a sympathetic response, he simply said "And neither do you! You choose to worry about those things.  I promised to supply ALL, not some, of your needs according to my riches in glory.  Give ME your cares, your insecurities, your fears. Have faith and be like the birds". Then he took me to Matthew 6:25-34. This scripture basically says, "Quit tippin and stressing over simple stuff. I GOT THIS" (That was from the Monica Lynese version. Lol). So, I looked up eagles and found that even though it takes a great deal of work for the eagle to get high in the air, once it's up their it does little to no work.  In one study, an eagle spent less than 2 minutes per hour in flapping flight. Less than 2 MINUTES in an HOUR and we spend days and weeks stressing over stuff, most of the time, we can't even control.  So I said all that to say, lets take on an eagle mentality and soar high, soar with those that are like minded, allow the wind to carry us through, and trust God to HANDLE IT!!!!. Love ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weather Report

Today I Pray

Work It