This Is My Confession

So here is my confession. A few years ago, I did not consider myself to have many friends. None really. However,  I  established several "brother/sister" relationships throughout my life. I now know why some were established(some for reason, some for a season, and some for a lifetime). To call someone brother or sister vs friend gave me...license not to expect much. Let me explain. Brothers and sisters aren't necessarily friends they're siblings because thy "have to be". There's no commitment/ requirements it "just IS". I  have always done my best to live by the rule/ scripture "do unto others...". I have found, more often than I care to admit, that that isn't a rule everyone follows. This has caused me much hurt, embarrassment and has caused me to build up a defense wall. I have since learned, through my growth and a little therapy, that I do that to protect myself from being hurt.  What I was doing was hurting myself because I was isolated. Didn't have any real investment or accountability. Well, I have started to take down my walls, stone by stone, brick by brick, and embrace friends. Proverbs 18:24 says that "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." I first had to make Christ my friend.  After all he is the ultimate example.  Doing that has helped me to see the importance of having friends.  People that you can trust to cheer you on, keep you focused and yes even correct you when you're wrong in love. I also realized that I am a pretty awesome person and into the universe, I began to release the spirit of friendship and joy.  If we start to release and speak to the universe, it has to respond to our words.  It's the law of attraction.  The energy that you put out, you will recieve.  We spend too much time, allowing the universe(the world around us, our circumstances), to tell us how we feel, how to react, what we deserve, how people treat us, etc.  We should be telling the universe how to react.  If you are seeking true geniun freindships, put it out there in your daily confessions, present yourself as friendly and thats what will come your way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weather Report

Today I Pray

Work It