I Choose

As I logged on to FB today my sis Elise  posted "I Choose" a song by India Arie.  The lyrics are quite powerful. The song discusses that life has brought "some painful things I thought that I would never make it through. Filled up with shame from the top of my head to the soles of my shoes....but by the grace of God I've been given so many second chances but TODAY I decided to let it all go. I'm dropping these bags, I'm making room for MY JOY". When fighting depression, it is a constant CHOICE that we have to make.  We can decide to let it consume us OR to PRESS through it.  It may not always be easy.  Many times it just feels easier to roll over and give little to no effort. To continue to feel hopeless, helpless, etc.  But TODAY I urge and encourage you to look at the opportunities ahead of you.  Ignoring the past (you can't change it anyhow), live your life for YOU(through God). I know the feeling of defeat and this fight of depression but I believe that there is a light that shines brightly within us all.  TODAY. I CHOOSE to share with friends and loved one's my struggles and admit that I need their support. I CHOOSE to pray and trust God but also do the work needed to heal. I CHOOSE as India Arie says, "I CHOOSE to be the best that I can be, I CHOOSE, to be authentic in everything I do. My past DON'T dictate who I AM!! 


To hear the entire song follow the link: http://youtu.be/rKDShRdJ3d4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weather Report

Today I Pray

Work It